Why the NEC?
Battery Cells & Systems Expo and Vehicle Electrification Expo will take place on the 7th & 8th July 2021 at the UK’s leading exhibition venue, the NEC Birmingham, UK. This unique, free-to-attend exhibition and conference for manufacturers, users and the entire supply chain working to increase battery performance, cost and safety is hosted in partnership with leaders from across the advanced battery and electric vehicle industries. The 2020 digital events brought together 3000+ attendees, 80+ speakers and 200 exhibitors, with the 2021 live event shaping up to be the event to attend for the advanced battery and EV industry.
Based in one of the largest cities in the UK, the NEC Birmingham is positioned minutes away from major R&D and manufacturing centres for some of the country’s leading manufacturing groups including Jaguar Land Rover, London, Electric Vehicle Company (LEVC), Aston Martin, Warwick Manufacturing Group (WMG) and the brand new Battery Industrialisation Centre (UKBIC).
- Located close to Coventry and Warwickshire which are major centres of R&D, test and development and manufacturing within the UK
- NEC is located a five-minute walk away from Birmingham International Railway Station. Located bang in the middle of the UK’s motorway network and over 120 National Express and Megabus coach services run daily.
- There are more than 2,500 automotive components providers in the UK. In 2017, 2,722,325 engines were built in the UK.
- The venue offers huge benefits to both exhibitors and visitors: 16,500 parking spaces onsite, easy access no matter how you are travelling, cash points, toilets to lost property and disabled services, the NEC have you covered.
- The UK automotive sector has an £82 billion turnover. More than 160 countries import UK-built vehicles.
A world-class exhibition centre, onsite parking and easily accessible, the NEC is set in the very heart of UK manufacturing and R&D.